Best Chicken 'n' Biscuits
Quick and comforting, this delicious dish from Judith Whitford of East Aurora, New York is filled with chunky chicken, colorful veggies and spoonfuls of creamy flavor. It’s guaranteed to warm your family to their toes!
JUDITH’S TIP: “Add whatever frozen veggies you like to the sauce. I often add peas and green beans.”
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 individually frozen biscuits
- 1 can (49-1/2 ounces) chicken broth, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 5 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- Bake biscuits according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch
- oven, combine 4 cups broth, chicken, carrots, celery, onion, corn,
- basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for
- 7-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining broth until smooth. Stir
- into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes
- or until thickened. Stir in browning sauce if desired. Split
- biscuits; top with chicken mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-2/3 cups chicken mixture with 1 biscuit (prepared with reduced-sodium broth) equals 460 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 1,353 mg sodium,