Best Broccoli Casserole
I'm a home economics teacher, and finding vegetables recipes my students enjoy preparing and eating really puts me to the test. Many kids who say they don't like broccoli actually ask for second helpings of this one!Cynthia Kolberg, Syracuse, Indiana
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 70 min.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1/2 cup diced process cheese (Velveeta)
- Bring water and salt to a boil. Add rice; cover and remove from heat.
- Let sit for 5 minutes. Melt butter in skillet; saute onion and
- celery until tender. In large bowl, combine rice, celery and onion
- with remaining ingredients. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. casserole.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 251 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 1,128 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.