I enjoy preparing this recipe because it gives me a chance to use the tender, fresh beets from our garden. It's so good, and very colorful!
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup water or beet liquid
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 cups cooked, sliced beets
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- In saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Add vinegar and water
- or beet juice; bring to a boil. Add all remaining ingredients;
- reduce heat to simmer. Heat through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 142 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 282 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.