Berry Turkey Sandwich
Sliced fresh strawberries, Swiss cheese and a nutty cream cheese spread make this turkey sandwich different. Try it on whole wheat, oatmeal or sunflower seed bread. It's tasty and easy to put together.
Edward Meyer of Arnold, Missouri
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli turkey breast
- 4 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat spreadable cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped pecans
- On two slices of bread, layer with lettuce, cheese, turkey and
- strawberries. Combine cream cheese and pecans; spread over remaining
- bread. Place over strawberries. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One sandwich equals 356 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 932 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.