Berry Special Pie
To round out the meal, Eve serves Berry Special Pie. She developed the refreshing dessert after tasting something similar at a restaurant.
"It's light and not too sweet," she says. "Thanks to a prepared crumb crust, it goes together quickly. We love it with raspberries, but you can substitute any fresh berries.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Ttotal Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 inches)
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until
- smooth. Spread over the bottom of pie crust. Top with raspberries
- and whipped topping. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 254 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.