- peaks form. Gradually fold into batter. Spread evenly into prepared
- Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes or until cake springs back when
- lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes. Invert onto a kitchen towel
- dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll
- up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Line a 4-qt. bowl with plastic wrap. Unroll cake; spread jam evenly
- over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again. Cut into
- 1/2-in. slices; place in prepared bowl, completely covering the
- bottom and sides. Cover and freeze until cake is firm.
- For ganache, place chocolate in a bowl. In a small saucepan, bring
- cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool
- to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Spread 1 cup of ice cream into cake-lined bowl; top with 1/2 cup
- ganache. Repeat layers four times. Top with remaining ice cream.
- Cover and freeze until firm.
- Just before serving, remove from the freezer and invert onto a
- serving plate. Remove bowl and plastic wrap. Let stand for 15
- minutes before cutting into wedges. Garnish with whipped cream and
- strawberries. Yield: 14 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice (calculated without whipped cream and strawberries) equals 496 calories, 26 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 131 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.