Berry Good Ice Cream Sauce
Meet the Cook: I started cooking in earnest as a bride 39 years ago. I'm thankful to say I improved in time - though I made something once even the dog refused to eat!
Now, my three children are grown and I'm the grandmother of four.
-Joy Beck, Cincinnati, Ohio
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2/3 cup pureed fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 cups sliced fresh or frozen strawberries
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a saucepan, combine the first four ingredients. Cook over medium
- heat until rhubarb is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the sliced
- strawberries. Store in the refrigerator. Serve over ice cream.
- Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 29 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.