Berry Gelatin Ring
Cranberries give extra holiday appeal to this gelatin salad sent in by Elise Spring of Bellevue, Ohio. "A co-worker always shares this festive fruit ring with us at staff potlucks," she relates.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (6 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup red wine or grape juice
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Add the cranberry sauce,
- pineapple, wine and walnuts. Chill until partially set, about 2
- Pour into a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate
- until set. Unmold onto a serving plate. In a small bowl, combine the
- cream cheese, mayonnaise and orange peel. Serve with the salad.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 367 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 183 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet