Berry Cream Muffins
Meet the Cook: The sour cream makes these muffins so nice and light that you can serve them as a bread with a meal. But, here at our house, I've fixed them for everything from breakfast up to midnight snacks.
I grew up on a dairy farm and now live outside a small town with my husband and our children - 17, 12 and 9.
-Linda Gilmore, Hampstead, Maryland
28 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups fresh raspberries or frozen raspberries or blueberries
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda
- and salt; add berries and toss gently. Combine the eggs, sour cream,
- oil and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20-25
- minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out
- clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack.
- Serve warm. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 481 calories, 23 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 330 mg sodium,