Berry Applesauce Gelatin
Applesauce and strawberry chunks give substance to this lovely rose-colored treat from Julie Bick of Lyons, Ohio. "My mother-in-law shared the recipe for this refreshing gelatin salad, which is not only great-tasting, but good for you!"
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 2 cups applesauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in the
- strawberries until thawed and separated. Add the applesauce and
- lemon juice; mix well. Pour into an 11-in. x 7-in. pan; chill until
- set. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (prepared with sugar-free gelatin and unsweetened applesauce) equals 48 calories, 48 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 11 gm carbohydrate, 1 gm protein, trace fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.