Berry Apple Pie
Our active family is full of big eaters. So I’m happy for our raspberry patch, our apple orchard and pie recipes like this one. You can substitute frozen berries for fresh.Heidi Jo Keranen, Bruno, MN
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 3 cups coarsely chopped peeled tart apples
- 3 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and tapioca. Add apples and
- raspberries; toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, line
- a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust; trim pastry even with edge.
- Spoon filling into crust; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry
- to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges.
- Cut slits in pastry.
- Bake at 375° for 45-55 minutes or until crust is golden brown and
- apples are tender. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 419 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 220 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.