Berries with Vanilla Custard for Two
What a simple, delectable way to enjoy fresh raspberries. For a change, also try the custard with strawberries or peaches. —Sarah C. Vasques, Milford, New Hampshire
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- In a small saucepan, combine the cream, egg yolk and sugar. Cook and
- stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° and is thick
- enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from the heat; stir in
- vanilla. Chill until serving. Serve with raspberries. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup equals 166 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 132 mg cholesterol, 34 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.