Berries with Sour Cream Sauce
Delightfully dressed-up sour cream makes a delicious topping for fresh fruit in this dish shared by Linda Franceschi. "My great-grandmother came up with the recipe, but I lightened it," she writes from her home in Eldred, New York.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 pint fresh blackberries
- 2 cups (16 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup honey
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In another bowl,
- combine the sour cream and honey. Serve with berries. Yield: 10
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup fruit with 3 tablespoons sauce equals 147 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 32 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.