Bell Pepper Enchiladas
Peppers are probably the vegetable that gets used most frequently in my kitchen. My freezer's constantly stocked in case I discover a new recipe to try or want to whip up an old favorite again. In a way, my parents helped create this recipe. They always taught never to waste. So one day when my husband (I'm a stepmom to two girls, 18 and 15) and I had prepared a Mexican meal and had peppers, chees
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup process cheese (Velveeta)
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, minced, optional
- 1 cup salsa, divided
- Additional shredded cheese, optional
- Sprinkle the green peppers and cheeses down the center of the
- tortillas; add jalapeno if desired. Roll up. Spread 1/2 cup salsa in
- a shallow baking dish. Place tortillas seam side down over salsa.
- Top with remaining salsa.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle
- with additional cheese if desired. Yield: 4 enchiladas.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 331 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 859 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 14 g protein.