"I LIKE to serve beet relish with corned beef and cabbage. The relish provides an interesting combination of flavors, and it is best made several days ahead. It's a very colorful addition to the table."
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups coarsely shredded cooked beets
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and blend well. Chill
- thoroughly. Yield: about 2 cups.
If Cooking for Two: Relish keeps well stored in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 34 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 61 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.