After a busy day, I like to unwind by creating something delicious for dinner. This recipe proves great meals can be quick.Courtney Bird, Papillion, Nebraska
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) diced beets
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 4 dill pickle spears, chopped
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 jar (16 ounces) shredded sweet-and-sour red cabbage, undrained
- Drain one can of beets; place beets in a blender, add the soup,
- consomme, pickles and sour cream; process until smooth. Pour into a
- large bowl. Add undrained can of beets and cabbage. Chill at least 4
- hours. Yield: 8-10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 127 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 802 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.