“Just a little beer brings out the best in these." The chopped green pepper and onion are an easy way to add another layer of flavor and texture. Lucile Cline - Wichita, Kansas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 medium potatoes (about 1-1/4 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook potatoes in oil for 15
- minutes, turning occasionally. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir
- in green pepper and onion; cook 5 minutes longer, stirring
- In a small bowl, combine the beer, broth and brown sugar. Stir into
- vegetables. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 262 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 220 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.