Beer Cheese Soup
Onion, parsley, paprika and beer flavor this smooth rich soup sent in by Sharon Lock of Forman, North Dakota. “A family friend used to invite us up for Sunday supper and served this several times,” Sharon recalls. “It was so simple and good, I got the recipe for my daughter, who was just learning to cook.”
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter. Stir in the soup, beer,
- milk, Worcestershire sauce, parsley and paprika. Reduce heat; stir
- in cheese until melted. Heat through (do not boil). Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 269 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 1,077 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 13 g protein.