Beefy Shells and Cheese
Louise Graybiel, of Toronto, Ontario writes of her Beefy Shells and Cheese, “Boxed macaroni and cheese, store-bought salsa and canned beans make this kid-pleaser a snap to fix!” For a bonus, Louise likes to add shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese to the dish for extra-cheesy fun!
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Set aside cheese sauce packet from dinner mix. Add shells and
- water to skillet. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 10-12
- minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in the salsa, beans, chili powder, salt and contents of cheese
- sauce packet. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5
- minutes. Yield: 6 servings.