Beefy Beans 'N' Rice
This easy skillet dish has a nice barbecue flavor that goes over well in winter.Rebecca Roberts, Odessa, Texas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 can (16 ounces) Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce)
- 6 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 3 tablespoons water
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the rice, beans, cheese and water.
- Cook and stir over medium-low heat until cheese is melted. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 540 calories, 23 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 1,061 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 36 g protein.