Beef in Onion Gravy
I double this super recipe to feed our family of four so I'm sure to have leftovers to send with my husband to work for lunch. His coworkers tell him he's lucky to have someone who fixes him such special meals. It's our secret that it's an easy slow-cooker dinner!
-Denise Albers, Freeburg, Illinois
3 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + standing Cook: 6 hours
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons beef broth
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Hot cooked noodles or mashed potatoes
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the soup, soup mix, broth and
- tapioca; let stand for 15 minutes. Stir in the beef. Cover and cook
- on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Serve over noodles or
- mashed potatoes. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 326 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 1,220 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.