Beef and Wild Rice Casserole
This recipe, one of my husband's childhood favorites, was given to me by his grandmother.Pamela Petite, Gardnerville, Nevada
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice, rinsed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed chicken noodle soup, undiluted
- 2 soup cans water
- In a skillet, brown ground beef with onion until the beef is browned
- and the onion is tender; drain. Place in a 3-qt. casserole. Add all
- remaining ingredients and mix well. Cover and bake at 375° for 1
- hour and 20 minutes, stirring often. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 279 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 612 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.