Beef and Tomato Pie
"I bake this hot and hearty ground beef pie when my grandchildren come to visit," comments June Mullins of Livonia, Missouri. "They like its family-pleasing flavor," she informs. And you'll like that it costs just 57 cents a serving.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef and onion until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat. Stir in ketchup and
- salt; set aside.
- Combine biscuit mix and milk just until moistened. Turn onto a
- lightly floured surface and knead 6-8 times. Roll into a 10-in.
- circle; transfer to a greased 9-in. pie plate. Flute edges.
- Spoon meat mixture into crust. Sprinkle with tomatoes. Bake at
- 425° for 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 2 minutes
- longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 352 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 883 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.