Beef and Peppers
Beef and peppers have always complimented each other so putting them together in this main dish was a no brainer.Anita Foster, Fairmount, Georgia
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/4 pounds beef top round steak or top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot cooked rice
- Heat oil in skillet, brown beef on all sides. Add the garlic and
- continue to cook for 2 minutes. Add onion, peppers and broth; cover
- and simmer 20 minutes.
- Combine water and cornstarch; stir into broth. Cook and stir until
- gravy is thick and shiny. Add seasonings. Serve over hot cooked
- rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 298 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 303 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 34 g protein.