Beef and Pasta Salad
My husband and I like zesty pasta salads and have tried many different types. This delightful dish can be eaten warm or cold, so it's a perfect meal anytime of year.
6 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 3 cups spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded provolone or part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, green pepper, tomatoes and
- olives. In a large skillet, stir-fry sirloin in oil until cooked as
- desired; drain.
- If serving salad hot, add dressing to skillet and bring to a boil.
- Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Add cheese; serve
- If serving salad cold, let beef cool for 15 minutes. Add the beef,
- dressing and cheese to pasta mixture; toss to coat. Chill for at
- least 1 hour. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.