Beef and Cabbage Stew
For an easy and flavorful one-pot stew, I make this recipe. It is so comforting on a cold winter day.Sharon Downs, St. Louis, Missouri
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 40 min.
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion until meat is browned and onion
- is tender; drain.
- In a small bowl, mash 1/4 cup beans with 1/4 cup beef broth. Add to
- Dutch oven with remaining beans and broth, tomatoes, cabbage and
- seasonings. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the cabbage is
- tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 198 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 528 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 17 g protein.