Beef and Baked Beans
I sometimes serve this slightly sweet dish with mashed potatoes. It's a nice, versatile recipe that can be easily doubled for larger groups.Leslie Lawson, Carrollton, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) baked beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushrooms stems and pieces, drained
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat
- until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Add
- beans and mushrooms; mix well. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or
- until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Perk up boring brown-bag lunches by sending along some Beef and Baked Beans. It heats up fast in the microwave for a hearty hot lunch.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 327 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 650 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 27 g protein.