Beef Vegetable Burritos
I made up this recipe after trying a similar dish in a restaurant.Ronda Jordan, Silver Lake, Oregon
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds boneless beef top round steak, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, optional
- 1-1/4 cups Spanish rice
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Salsa or sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook and stir beef, potatoes, turnip and onion in
- oil until meat and vegetables are tender. Season with salt, pepper
- and cumin if desired. Place about 1/2 cup beef mixture and rice down
- the center of each tortilla. Add salsa or sour cream if desired.
- Fold top and bottom of tortilla over filling and roll up. Yield: 10
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 273 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 605 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein.