I learned to cook at an early age. Instead of relying on recipes, most of my dishes come about from trial and error, including this skillet. We always make this when we go camping.Clara Honeyager, Mukwonago, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 4 large sweet onions
- 1/2 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup condensed nacho cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Cut tops off onions and peel them. Scoop out centers to within 1/4
- in. of edge; set shells aside. Chop the removed onion; set aside 1/4
- cup (refrigerate remaining onion for another use).
- In a bowl, combine the beef, bread crumbs, soup, green pepper,
- oregano, salt, pepper and chopped onion; mix well. Stuff the onions.
- Arrange in a 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate. In a small bowl,
- dissolve bouillon in water. Pour over onions. Yield: 4 servings.
Editor's Note: When preparing Beef-Stuffed Onions, use a grapefruit spoon or melon baller to scoop out the centers of onions with ease.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 175 calories,