Beef Stroganoff Sandwich
This filling sandwich was a winner in our local beef cook-off several years ago. It's always been one of my favorites.Julie Terstriep, Industry, Illinois
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- In a skillet, brown ground beef and onion. Drain. Add salt, garlic
- powder and pepper.
- Cut bread lengthwise in half; butter both halves and place on baking
- sheets. Remove meat mixture from heat; stir in sour cream. Spoon
- onto the bread. Sprinkle with tomatoes, green pepper and cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted (bake
- longer for crispier bread). Yield: 8-10 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.