- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Add
- the potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, thyme and cayenne. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until
- vegetables and beef are tender. Discard thyme sprigs.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining beef broth until
- smooth. Gradually stir into stew. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for
- 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2 cups (prepared with reduced-sodium beef broth) equals 466 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 697 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.