Beef Soup Spuds
Canned soup is the convenient base for this colorful tater topper. As the potatoes are baked in the microwave, the chunky soupalong with bright broccoli for color and flavoris heated in a snap on the stovetop.Joleen Jackson, Zumbrota, Minnesota
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1 can (18.8 ounces) ready-to-serve chunky savory vegetable soup
- 2 cups cooked fresh broccoli florets
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped green onions, optional
- Scrub and pierce the potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 7-9 minutes on each side or until
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the soup, broccoli and
- pepper; cook until heated through. With a sharp knife, cut an X in
- the top of each potato; fluff pulp with a fork. Top with soup
- mixture, cheese and onions if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 349 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 666 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 13 g protein.