Beef Sirloin Tip Roast
This meaty main course, served with a mouthwatering mushroom gravy, is a snap to assemble and pop in the oven. "It is my husband's favorite," says Mrs. Burgess Marshbanks from her home in Buies Creek, North Carolina.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 2-1/2 hours
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 pounds)
- 1-1/4 cups water, divided
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Place a large piece of heavy-duty foil (21-in. x 17-in.) in a shallow
- roasting pan. Place roast on foil. Pour 1 cup water and mushrooms
- over roast. Sprinkle with soup mix. Wrap foil around roast; seal
- Bake at 350° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat reaches desired
- doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°;
- medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Remove roast to a serving platter and keep warm. Pour drippings and
- mushrooms into a saucepan. Combine cornstarch and remaining water
- until smooth; gradually stir into drippings. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with sliced beef.
- Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 156 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 324 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein.