- Rub steak sauce and seasoning mixture over roast; cover and
- refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at
- 425° for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness
- (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook onions in oil over low heat for
- 30-35 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Stir in
- wine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes
- or until liquid is evaporated. Stir in the thyme, pepper and salt.
- Transfer meat to a warm serving platter. Let stand for 10 minutes
- before slicing. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with onions. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: 5 ounces cooked beef with 1/2 cup caramelized onions equals 367 calories, 18 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 851 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.