Beef Onion Soup
I live alone, so I'm always looking for ways to use up leftovers like beef," explains Barbara Zowada of Sheridan, Wyoming. "This soup makes a quick lunch or dinner along with fresh veggies or a crisp green salad."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) French onion soup
- 1 cup cubed cooked roast beef
- 2 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick), toasted
- 1/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Prepare soup according to package directions; add beef. Ladle into
- two 2-cup ovenproof bowls. Top each with a French bread slice.
- Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese and Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat until cheese is melted. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup (calculated without additional Parmesan cheese) equals 319 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 1,421 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 35 g protein.