Beef N Cheddar Biscuits
This was a winning recipe at the county fair when I was a child. It's a family favoriteand great picnic fare.Della Jackson, Loomis, California
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 tubes (4-1/2 ounces each) refrigerated biscuits
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine ground beef and barbecue sauce in a small bowl; set aside.
- Place one biscuit in each of 12 greased muffin cups; press firmly
- onto the bottom and up the sides. Spoon 1 to 2 tablespoons of beef
- mixture into each cup; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until biscuits are golden and
- cheese is melted. Serve immediately. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 244 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 430 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Blush Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.