- heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired
- doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°;
- medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes
- before slicing.
- Meanwhile, grill green peppers and onions, uncovered, over medium-hot
- heat for 5 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender. Cut into
- strips; spoon onto tortillas. Top with sliced beef. Serve with
- cilantro sauce. Garnish with lettuce, tomatoes and olives if
- desired. Fold in sides. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 fajita with 1/4 cup sauce (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 265 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 291 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.