Beef 'n' Cheese French Bread
This open-faced sandwich is sure to be a hit with kids of all ages. “My family loves eating supper when I make this entree,” says Becky Stubbs of Larned, Kansas. “It looks like a lot of work, but it’s really a breeze.”
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salsa, green pepper, olives,
- salt, chili powder, garlic and cumin. Remove from the heat.
- Cut bread in half lengthwise; place on a baking sheet. Spread meat
- mixture over cut sides; sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 450° for
- 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 372 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 1,054 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein.