- zucchini and garlic; saute until mushrooms are tender. Drain. Stir
- in the tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, light red kidney beans, black
- beans, water, seasonings and ground beef mixture.
- In a small bowl, mash 1/2 cup dark red kidney beans with a fork. Stir
- into chili. Add remaining kidney beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 40 minutes. Uncover; simmer 20 minutes
- longer or until slightly thickened and meat is tender. Yield: 10
- servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 290 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 766 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.