- pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir
- in carrot and seasonings; cook and stir 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the tomatoes, beans, broth and tomato paste. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook bulgur according to package directions. Stir into
- chili; heat through. Garnish each serving with sour cream if
- desired. Yield: 10 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/3 cups (calculated without sour cream) equals 240 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 578 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 12 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 lean meat.