“Even my adult children love these Halloween cupcakes!" writes Joyce Moynihan from Lakeville, Minnesota. "We serve them every year at our pumpkin-carving party. You can also make them with the fudge stripes on their wings facing up for variety.”
24 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 24 fudge-striped cookies
- 24 milk chocolate kisses
- Red decorating icing
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for
- cupcakes. Cool completely.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons chocolate frosting for decorating bats. Spread
- remaining frosting over cupcakes. For bat wings, cut cookies in
- half; if desired, cut scallops along straight edges. Insert two
- cookie halves into each cupcake.
- Gently press chocolate kisses into frosting for heads. Pipe ears with
- reserved frosting; add eyes with decorating icing. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cupcake equals 284 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.