Basil Pork Chops
These tender, glazed chops sent in by Lisa Gilliland of Fort Collins, Colorado, get great flavor from a little brown sugar, chili powder and dried basil. The fast-cooking entree is sure to make a regular appearance at your dinner table.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, basil, salt and chili
- powder. Gradually stir in 1 tablespoon oil until crumbly. Rub over
- both sides of pork chops.
- In a large skillet, cook pork in remaining oil over medium heat for
- 7-8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 152 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 312 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.