- pepper in 2 tablespoons oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1
- minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, olives, oregano, pepper and
- remaining salt. Cook and stir over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or
- until vegetables are tender.
- Cut polenta into four squares. In another large skillet, cook polenta
- in remaining oil in batches for 7-8 minutes on each side or until
- golden brown. Serve with ratatouille; garnish with basil. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 polenta square with 1 cup ratatouille equals 400 calories, 22 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1,004 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.