Basil Parmesan Shrimp
This is a simple, elegant dish using fresh basil. Our university women's gourmet group raved about it, and due to its simplicity, it has become my favorite entertaining dish.Laura Hamilton, Belleville, Ontario
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- For dressing, combine 1/4 cup oil, basil, vinegar, 1 tablespoon
- Parmesan cheese and sugar in a saucepan over low heat. Meanwhile,
- combine shrimp and remaining cheese.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and remaining oil. Add shrimp; saute
- for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve on lettuce; drizzle with warm dressing. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 319 calories, 28 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 346 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 15 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.