Combined with oil, a sprinkling of other herbs and a little zesty lemon peel, basil vinegar and makes a delightfully mild and pleasant marinade for orange roughy or halibut.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup Basil Vinegar (recipe also in Recipe Finder)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon each chopped, fresh basil, thyme, oregano and parsley or 1 teaspoon each dried basil, thyme, oregano and parsley flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 orange roughy fillets or halibut fillets (1 pound)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the vinegar, oil, herbs,
- garlic, lemon peel, salt and pepper. Add fillets; seal bag and turn
- to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper
- towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill
- fillets, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat
- for 7-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 145 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 366 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 lean meat.