Basil-Garlic Cheese Bread
Here's a crusty, crunchy bread that goes together in minutes and is great with all kinds of pasta dishes! Deni Adkins - Scottsboro, Alabama
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread, halved lengthwise
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; spread over cut
- sides of bread. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in.
- from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into
- 2-in. slices. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2 slices equals 241 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 375 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.