Basic Pizza Crust
My aunt shared this recipe quite a few years ago. I like to double the recipe and keep one baked crust in the freezer for a quick snack or meal later.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + resting Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 to 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Pizza toppings of your choice
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the oil, sugar,
- salt and 1-1/2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough
- remaining flour to form a firm dough. Turn onto a floured surface;
- cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll into a 13-in. circle. Grease a 12-in. pizza pan and sprinkle
- with cornmeal. Transfer dough to prepared pan, building up edges
- slightly. Do not let rise. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or
- until browned. Add toppings; bake 10-15 minutes longer. Yield: 1
- pizza crust (6 slices).
Nutrition Facts: 1 wedge (calculated without toppings) equals 236 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.