The ingredients for these biscuits are very simple, so you are likely to have them on hand. They're easy to make, and their from-scratch flavor is wonderful.Jennifer Trenhaile, Emerson, Nebraska
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut in
- shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine the
- egg, milk and honey; stir into flour mixture just until combined.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Roll out to 1/2-in.
- thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 1
- in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 10-12
- minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 10 biscuits.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 208 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 293 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.