Barley Beef Skillet
Even my 3-year-old loves this family-favorite beef skillet. It's very filling, inexpensive and full of veggies. It's also really good spiced up with chili powder, cayenne or a dash of Tabasco. —Kit Tunstall, Boise, Idaho
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 1 hour
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Add the
- broth, tomato sauce and water; bring to a boil. Stir in the
- remaining ingredients. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45-50
- minutes or until barley is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 400 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 682 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 30 g protein.