Barbecued Steak Strips
"When our oven broke and I could only use the stove, I got creative with my skillet cooking!" relates Lynnelle Nissen of Beaver Crossing, Nebraska. "That's when I invented this treatment for sirloin steak. It makes a tasty meal with mashed potatoes and green beans."
3-4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 to 2 cups KC Masterpiece®
KC Masterpiece Original BBQ Sauce is great with all types of meat and in favorite sides like beans, casseroles and more.
See More Recipes >
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a large skillet, brown steak in oil over medium-high heat until no
- longer pink; drain. Combine the barbecue sauce, honey and sugar;
- pour over meat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for
- 10-15 minutes or until the sauce is slightly thickened and meat is
- tender. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/4 pound) equals 256 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 556 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.